Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Favorite April Fool's Prank

In 1957, the BBC reported on a bumper crop of spaghetti in Switzerland. Hundreds phoned in the following day to question the authenticity of the story, or ask for more information about spaghetti cultivation and how they could grow their own spaghetti trees. The BBC reportedly told them to "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best".

Definitely my idea of an ideal prank - no one was hurt, nothing was destroyed and nobody was humiliated.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

How funny! Now that is something I just might be able to grow in my garden this year! :-)

NLBlack said...

MUCH better then the prank pulled on me yesterday! Two of my piano parents hung a huge sign across our garage door that said "I'M OLD, PLEASE HONK!". After much honking yesterday, I went out out, found the sign and removed it with a laugh.

However, I failed to notice that a matching sign was stuck on the back of my car!!! I drove all over town today before I finally stopped at a gas station and noticed the trick!

Jinglebob said...

We Swiss are crafty that way! :)

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers