Friday, January 09, 2009

Busy week, time for a smile



HT to Gman for this video. The song is annoying and it's corny, but it'll make you smile. And it reminded me of the segway tour that my friend Pam and I took in San Francisco. That was one of the most fun things we did. Segways don't have alot of honest to goodness usefulness, but for just plain enjoyment, they're great!

This has been a busy week. Our nephew came in for a visit on Tuesday. He's fixin' to get our of the Army soon. He finished up his second deployment to Iraq and was home on leave. He stopped by on his way back to Fort Campbell. He talked with the jr hi kids that had adopted him while he was in Iraq. There were about 50 kids and Josh did a great job. It was probably the first time he'd ever done anything like that and I think he even surprised himself. He really enjoyed himself.

Last night, Josh's dad (my BIL) was able to come for the evening. He's a trucker and was able to get a job that took him through our area. 3+ grandkids and 2+ kids always equals loud chaos. Last night was not exception. But it's happy chaos with lots of laughter.

This weekend is an all church retreat. I'm really looking forward to it. I love the folks at our church and am always happy for chances to get to know them better.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers