Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A new generation

It seems only right, after grieving loss, to remember that life will continue and that it's ok to look forward.

Last night I had my first sleepover with my third generation of youth!  I had 2 of my 5th & 6th grade girls over.  We went to a late showing of Madagascar 2 and then out to IHOP around midnight.  Jr hi kids used to love to go around 3am but these girls couldn't hold out that long.  Then we came home and they went to sleep right away.

It's pretty amazing to me that I've been working with youth for over 25 years.  This is my first time working with 5th and 6th graders and I'm really enjoying them.  They're definitely more compliant than jr hi kids.  And they love doing anything 'youth group-ish'.  Last week one of the kids asked me how I came up with so many games for them to play.  I had to remind them that I've been coming up with games for longer than they've been alive!

It was a fun night all around.  Time to introduce a new generation to Camp Stoddard and getting spoiled and staying up late and learning how to love and encourage each other in a safe place.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I wish we were there. Sounds like something my 7th grader would LOVEEEE! "Camp Stoddard" is indeed a great place. :)

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers