Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Going to the gym & losing my clothes

That sounds like an enticing title, doesn't it?  

So, I joined a fitness club and signed up for a laundry service that will wash my workout clothes.  I get a nice locker, 2 clean towels a day and my clean clothes will be folded and put in my locker.  That is, if they don't lose them first.  I was pretty excited to put on fresh work out clothes that I didn't wash except that when I opened the locker, they weren't there.  I went to the front desk and they went searching....and searching....and searching....  I knew they'd find them.  I mean, who wants a t-shirt that says, "Snorkel Kona" and silly looking flowered pants?  They even searched the men's locker room.  

Somehow they ended up in the lost and found and I finally got them back.  It only took an extra hour and luckily, today was the only day I didn't have to pick g'kids up from school.

I observed something today.  There was a time when something like that would've really gotten me upset.  Looking back, I realize that I was usually very intense about life in general and pretty much wanted life to go the way I wanted.  I didn't give people and circumstances much leeway nor grace and mercy.  I'm sorry for that.  I let my schedule become more important than people and people's feelings.

I'm thankful for this time in my life where I can not be as frazzled and I can be more encouraging to others.  After losing my clothes, the folks at the fitness place will probably remember me.  The good thing is that they will remember me for being patient and gracious.  I hope I can make that a habit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, are we "mellowing with age" or simply wearing out?

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers