Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I have learned something important this year. This is the first year I haven't been as excited as the kids about Christmas. I wondered what was wrong with me for most of December.

Finally, I figured it out. After almost 30 years of marriage, I have to say that I have everything I could possibly want. I have a great hubby. I have the perfect house. I have a car that works and can tote others. I have amazing daughters. I have great sons-in-law. I have the best grandkids. I have 'adopted' kids that I adore. I have teens that I love dearly. My kids all live nearby and we all get together regularly. The kids all like each other and their kids love each other. I have wonderful friends.

My heart is so full of gratitude and love that it far outshines any 'thing' that I could get. I loved giving presents this year, as always. And I loved watching others open their presents. I enjoyed all I received and am thankful.

But I finally realized that the reason I'm not so excited is because it's like Christmas every day for me. I have so much. My heart is so full. I am so thankful.

It's a wonderful life.

Merry Christmas with love....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers